Tired of the PR driven and beauty-pageant-based “Best Places to Work” awards that are so prevalent today?
Our clients, and our peers have set out to establish a valid, robust, measurable and auditable standard. A standard that can be trusted by existing team members and employees, and one that will be recognized and trusted by humans outside of the organization. One that is accessible to everyone.
Below are the steps all Certified 7 Promise OrganizationsC™ take.
1. Are you serious:
This step starts with a phone interview where we seek to understand where you are in the process so we can determine next steps.
2. Attain and maintain audit and road map:
This step involves more interviews, completion of the 7 Fundamental Promises™ employee survey or similar, and an audit of your level of Attainment as a leadership team on the 7 Fundamental Questions™ and the ability of your OOS installation to maintain and keep your promises.
From this review and audit comes a road map of the things you may or may not need to work on in order to become Certified. Very often, companies that have had let’s say: an EOS® Implementation with a Certified EOS® Implementer™ or a Scaling Up install with a Gazelles Coach, then, very often they have already done the hard work and will just need to commit to a plan to strengthen where the survey may have shown them to be weak.
By the end of this stage you will know where you are and have an idea of the time and $ commitment it will take to get you to a point where you can make and keep the 7 Fundamental Promises™.
3. Attain and Maintain foundation installation:
This might be a step you skip altogether. The attainment foundation is the work you must do as a leadership team to get on the same page as to what yes to the 7 Fundamental Questions™ are so you can make your promise. The maintain foundation is the installation of a proven OOS or the refinement of your existing OOS in alignment with the road map above.
4. Make your promise and keep your promise:
This is the irony, you do the above, where you attain yes, and then install an OOS that you commit to and run, then your promise will be constantly made and constantly kept. As part of certification, we require proof of at least one annual all organization promise. See 6.3 below.
5. Start the Waterwheel:
Your OOS is your waterwheel. Your engaged employees are water. When you get this system in place it becomes a perpetual machine driven by the desire of your people, keeping you in compliance with the Certified 7 Promise Organization™.
6. Become certified and stay certified:
1) At a minimum, twice a year, you will be required to administer an anonymous 7 Fundamental Promises™ employee survey* for your people, from the survey results you should be able to address circumstances through the tools in your OOS. You should have very specific plans you will execute to shore up wherever you are not strong. If you have a great OOS, this will be easy. (* Some organizations are already running surveys, we will review your survey, if we can map the 7 Fundamental Questions™ to your survey then that will be fine too.)
2) One of our auditors will work with you to review your OOS and the turning of the waterwheel to be sure you are living up to your OOS commitments. At a minimum an Annual Audit Statement will be posted attesting to the validity of your promise, commitment and effort.
3) At a minimum, annually, we will ask for your 7 Promises Company Video that will be posted as part of your Certified 7 Promise Organization™ certification. The standard is a video of leadership standing in front of real employees making the 7 Promises in person. Upon consideration, we might accept a broadcast format as long as we know it is properly distributed and consumed by your organization.
You will have a unique 7 Promise Great Workplace Certification™ Seal you can use that will link back to a secure certification page on the 7Q7P website.
7. Positively engage your markets and the world at large:
This is a result of becoming Certified – your markets will be more engaged and your company will impact and change the world at large.
“Becoming a Patient Organization (7 Promise Certified Great Workplace) is critical for any company looking to thrive. It changed the way we think, act and is a major catalyst in the growth of our company.”
“I had run a company for over 10 years before first working with Walt, I wish we had met earlier. Every organization should be making sure that their people have clear answers to the 7 Fundamental Questions – Thanks Walt.“